XTend-PKG-R™ RS-232/422/485 RF ModemConnect Hardware
To install the modem and test its range, you need:
* 2 XTend RF Modems. The two XTend RF Modems are referred to as "Radio1" and "Radio2".
* Accessories (Loopback adapter, RS-232 cable, 2 RPSMA antennas, 2 power supplies)
* 1 Windows PC loaded with X-CTU Software
1. Set both Radio DIP Switches to RS-232, point-to-point modes. [Switches 1 and 5 are ON (up), and the remaining 4 switches are OFF (down)].
2. C onnect the included RS-232 cable to the female DB-9 connector of Radio1 and the male DB-9 connector of the PC.
3. Attach the serial loopback adapter to the female DB-9 connector of Radio2. (The serial loopback adapter configures Radio2 to function as a repeater by looping data back into the module for retransmission, as shown.)
4. Attach RPSMA antennas to each RF modem.
5. Power Radio1 & Radio2 through their respective power connectors.Install Software
Go to the X-CTU Software page at www.digi.com/xctu and launch the legacy X-CTU installer (version 22.214.171.124).
Follow the prompts on the installation screens.
* PC Settings: Set up PC serial com ports to interface with the RF modem
• Range Test: Test RF modem's range under varying conditions
• Terminal: Read/Set RF modem parameters and monitor data communications
• Modem Configuration: Read/Set RF modem parametersCongure Serial Port-Modem CommunicationsDetermine the RF Modem’s RangeRestoring Modem Defaults (DIP Switch Method)
If the XTend Modem is not responding or cannot enter into Command Mode, try
restoring the modem to its original default parameter values.
1. Set switches 1 & 2 of the DIP Switch to their ON (up) positions, and the remaining
four switches to their OFF (down) positions.
2. Turn off the power supplying the RF modem, then on againOther Confguration Options
Using the DIP Switch to configure the modem is one of several ways to configure
modem parameters. Other options include using the X-CTU Software Terminal and
Modem Configuration tabs, and binary programming. See the XTend-PKG-R RF Modem
User’s Guide for more information about these options.
Last updated: Aug 08, 2017