A DAL Support Report contains the complete device configuration.
However for security reasons passwords are NOT included.
If you have a support report from a device, you can restore the configuration onto a new device after you validate the configuration by entering new passwords.
- Edit the file 'config_json' contained in the support report.
- Replace all occurrences of password placeholders with new plain text passwords.
- Replace with:
- (and don't forget the ',' where required! Use a JSON validator to ensure the config syntax is correct)
- On your new device, copy your edited 'config_json' file to '/etc/config/accns.json', then REBOOT.
- Login to the new device with your new password!
Remotely Download DAL Device Support Report through Digi Remote Manager
How To: Customize a DAL Backup Configuration File
Feb 25, 2022