I suspect a problem with the radio equipment, can I return it for repair?
Digi has an extremely low product failure rate. If the Digi radio modem appears to have a problem, try restoring module defaults first.
If you are still experiencing difficulty, contact Digi support for trouble shooting help. Be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Have you tried restoring the module defaults?
- Have you tried a loopback test with the modules in the same room?
- Does the module enter command mode?
- What is the modem firmware version (ATVR)?
- Have the radio modems been used in the field or only in the lab?
- How long were the radio modems working fine?
- Was there an event that coincided with the radio modem apparent failure? (i.e. lightning storm, disconnection, reconnection, static electricity, being transported from one site to another)
- How were they installed? (i.e. outdoors, in a nema-4 enclosure)
- What antenna was connected?
- What type of serial interface? (i.e. 0-5V TTL, RS232, RS485, USB)
- Any other information that might help us better understand the situation?
Digi support will work closely to solve any apparent problem. Please don't hesitate to contact us for assistance.
Aug 23, 2018