We are proud to announce that the Digi ConnectCore® line of connected embedded products based on the NXP i.MX6/6UL application processors now supports Amazon Web Services (AWS) IoT and AWS Greengrass. AWS Greengrass compatibility enables intelligent IoT devices to communicate securely over a local network and exchange messages without having a persistent connection to the cloud.
AWS Greengrass is designed to support edge devices with cloud connectivity. Greengrass Core devices interact directly with the cloud while allowing Greengrass group devices to communicate securely via local networks. Developers can use AWS Greengrass to integrate Lambda functions locally and then conveniently deploy them to connected devices with intermittent connectivity.
Move quickly from idea to prototype to deployment with the powerful combination of AWS Greengrass and Digi ConnectCore:
- Implemented on Yocto Project Linux for embedded devices
- Integration of embedded AWS Lambda device level functions
- Digi TrustFence™ device-level security with features such as secure connections, authenticated boot, and secure physical ports
- Remote device monitoring with Digi Remote Manager®
- Secure firmware update to group devices using AWS-based firmware images via the Greengrass Core
“Building connected devices for the industrial IoT requires secure local device level intelligence without dependency on constant connectivity,” said Mike Rohrmoser, director of product management, embedded systems at Digi International. “The unique combination of Digi TrustFence™ device security, local Lambda extensions, Digi Remote Manager® integration, and Amazon Web Services’ Greengrass delivers the vision for the next generation of IoT edge intelligence in embedded devices.”