|Mobile Status field||Description|
|SIM PIN status||
GSM Indicates whether a PIN needs to be entered to unlock the SIM card. There area many possible status values; some common ones are:
- READY: SIM is ready. PIN has been entered or no PIN is needed.
- SIM PIN: PIN is required to unlock the SIM. It can be entered on the Mobile Configuration page.
- SIM PUK, SIM PIN2, SIM PUK2, and similar codes: SIM is locked and cannot be unlocked by the ConnectPort X2e SE Cellular device. It must be placed in another device or phone to be unlocked.
- Error: SIM not inserted or other SIM problem.
|SIM slot index||
Displayed for products that support multiple SIMs only. Indicates which SIM slot is currently in use by the device. 0 means the first slot, 1 means the second slot.
Received cellular signal strength indicator (RSSI). A measure of the signal level of the network.
For GSM, a signal strength of -108 or more is equivalent to 1 bar, -93 to 2 bars, and -77 to 3 bars.
An indicator of the received cellular signal, in bars.
0: No signal
1: Poor signal
2: Adequate signal
3: Good signal
|Signal quality||An indicator of the quality of the received cellular signal, measured in dB.This value is also known as Ec/Io.|
|Registration status||The status of the cellular modem’s connection to a cellular network. |
- Not registered
- Registered (Home network)
- Searching for Network
- Not Registered (Access Denied)
- Not Available (Reason not Known)
- Registered (Roaming)
|Mobile country code /|
Mobile network code
|These codes are used to uniquely identify a mobile phone operator/carrier with which the cellular modem is registered. For example, for AT&T, these codes would be 310 and 410.|
|Connection state||The operating state of the cellular modem:|
- Initializing: Modem is being reset and configured
- Registering: Modem is searching for a network
- Delay before connecting: Modem is delaying after an unsuccessful connection (Verizon only)
- Connecting: Mobile data connection is being established
- Connected: Mobile data connection is active
- Disconnecting: Mobile data connection is ending
- Disconnected: Mobile data connection has ended. See Disconnect reason for the cause.
- Disabled: Mobile data connection is not enabled by configuration settings.
- No device found: Modem is not available or is malfunctioning.
Displayed after a connection error occurs only. Indicates the reason the previous connection attempt failed:
- SIM PIN required: The SIM PIN must be entered on the Mobile Configuration page.
- SIM PIN incorrect: The SIM PIN entered does not match the actual one for the SIM.
- SIM not ready: No SIM inserted or other SIM problem.
- Not registered: Modem did not register with a cellular network.
- Dial failed: Error starting data connection.
- Authentication failed: Incorrect login or password entered on the Mobile Configuration page.
- Connection timeout: Connection did not complete.
- Device reset error: Modem could not be reset.
- Device open error: Modem is malfunctioning.
- Device config error: Modem could not be configured.
- PPP error: Internal system error
|Disconnect reason||Displayed after a previous connection was ended. Indicates the reason the previous connection was ended:|
- User requested: Initiated by user action.
- Network disconnect: Initiated by cellular network or carrier.
- Carrier loss: Poor signal or disconnected by network.
- Connection timer: Connection did not complete.
- Receive idle timer: No data received for configured receive idle time.
- Device monitoring error: Error while monitoring the modem status. May indicate a malfunctioning modem.
|IP address||Internet protocol address of the mobile data interface. The device may be contacted at this IP address if permitted by the carrier.|
|DNS primary address|
IP address of the primary Domain Name System (DNS) server assigned by the mobile carrier. This server resolves domain names to IP addresses. For more information on how the ConnectPort X2e ZB device uses this value and DNS secondary address, go here.
|DNS secondary address||IP address of the backup DNS server assigned by the mobile carrier.|