Radio modem selection guide
- In what country will the radio modems be used?
- Digi has different radio modems for different countries.
- What is the required range of the data radio system?
- 100ft, 1000ft, 1 mile, 5+ miles?
- What is the target price (budget for RF)?
- What is the required throughput of the data radio system?
- How many bytes of data needs to be sent? How often?
- Can any data be lost?
- Does the application perform retransmissions or should the radios?
- Remote and Base nodes: which nodes initiate communication?
- Low power requirements (battery operated)?
- Digi specializes in low power, long range. Radio modems include a number of built-in sleep modes.
- Is Communication taking place on a regular (periodic) or exception based (event-driven) schedule?
- What is the EAU (estimated annual usage)?
- Volume pricing is available.
- Describe the application and topology.
Aug 23, 2017