Devices with the Digi Accelerated Linux (DAL) Operating System (OS) now default to use Digi Remote Manager (Digi RM) as their management platform as of firmware 20.2.x. For customers that are currently connected to the aView platform, the below information will guide you through connecting those devices to Digi RM.
: For general information on this change from aView to Digi RM by default, please see the following article
: For information on how move devices from Digi RM to aView, please see the following article
How do I move one or more devices from aView to Digi Remote Manager?
For devices currently in aView, just upgrading them from 19.11.x or older to 20.2 or newer firmware will not automatically move them to Digi Remote Manager. The recommended way to move devices to Digi Remote Manager is to update their group configurations in aView to have the devices switch to Digi Remote Manager. To do so, below are the following recommended steps:
- Sign up for a free trial account in Digi Remote Manager if you don't already have one: https://myaccount.digi.com/
- Contact Digi Sales if you need a paid, non-trial account to support a large number of devices in Digi Remote Manager.
- Add the devices into Digi Remote Manager
- Standard process
- Bulk-import process
- Create or modify an existing group configuration in aView to enable it for Digi Remote Manager instead of aView:
- Under Central Management > Service, select Digi Remote Manager.
- You can also refer to the following knowledge base article to see the necessary config change in action:
Managing Digi ACL devices with Digi Remote Manager
- Assign that group configuration to the devices you want to sync with Digi Remote Manager:
- Note that DAL devices associated with that configuration profile will pick up the configuration changes the next time the device syncs with Digi aView (by default, once every 24 hours around 1AM UTC). If you want to apply the firmware upgrade immediately, please perform the following:
- Go to the details page of the DAL device.
- Select the Commands drop-down at the top-right of the page.
- Select Check Configuration option from the Commands drop-down.
- Once the command is received by the DAL device, the device will automatically upgrade to the new firmware.
- Once one or more devices are active and online in Remote Manager, below are some tasks for managing and organizing your devices:
- Configuration: you can either manually configure each device or create a new group configuration profile based on the settings from one of the devices, and then apply the same config changes to additional devices.
- Manual configuration documentation
- Configuration Profile documentation
- Organization: groups, sub-groups, and tags can be created in Remote Manager and utilized to organize devices together
- Alerts: Alarms can be created in Remote Manager to notify users when one or more devices change various states (e.g. signal strength dropped, device offline, etc.)
How do I disable central management?
- Under the Central management section, de-select the option
- Select Apply to save the configuration.
Once disabled, the device will no longer sync with Digi Remote Manager, aView, or any other central management portal and instead must be manually configured through its web UI or Admin CLI.
Aug 07, 2020